Friday 16 October 2009

An October Anniversary

You gave me hyacinths blue
Sincerity first and constancy next
They called me the hyacinth girl.

A year ago...

Days pass and in the silence
there is nothing left to say.

Diwali party invites are doled out
Let's play a game of cards.

I hope you find the hanged man
But I can see the future even without your cards

Tomorrow comes
and comes again
and soon it's time to see who's handicap is the best
on grass green on the other side.

The hyacinths are dead and dry
pressed down in the pages of memory
Truth, sincerity, and constancy
are forgotten in casual tête-à-tête.

An anniversary?
But no, it's just another day.
So let's celebrate it with sweets and lights.
And the pain is washed down by a few more pills
Blue as the hyacinths you gave me.

But tomorrow is another day
And I will have built my purple walls
I will sparkle with diamonds, twinkle with gold
And I will drink from the flower of forgetfulness
And it will again be just a happy day full of sweets and lights.

No comments: